Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the more difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members undergo, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and fads are constantly emerging.
Diets don’t lead to long-term success. Why? Because most diets focus on limiting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the right way to function properly. Depriving your body of vital nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet solo actually drop their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important piece of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food choices.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” added to our food have substantially changed over the years. We show our members how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to treat yourself every once in a while, it’s become normal in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific method to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to eat good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food enters our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is consumed, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members consume smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to fill up the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are encouraged to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our total health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps alleviate muscle stiffness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help give you the feeling of being full faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend lots of money on fad diets, specific meals that tally points, counting calories or eliminating every tasty food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the price of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat everyday, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to find out more about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in only 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread every day with the Farrell's program too!